- I believe in science. I also believe in the limitations of science. I believe science can explain all the questions we might ask of the natural world. I also believe science is bound by natural laws. It can’t explain the metaphysical. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t believe in the metaphysical, but that’s a matter of belief, not fact.
- That gotta be fake. Some skinny kid doing a reverse crab walk probably. If it was real, it would be a world wide story. Ghosts are 100% real.
- Preposterous! Here’s some words of wisdom for you comment posting idiots. You people think your opinions are so important and that you possess some natural-born expertise. But take it from ME, a REAL expert, when I say your comments are even more stupider than you people making them. Now I have a lot of experience, so when I say something, it counts. That’s because I’m very important and I know what I’m talking about, unlike feeble-minded you. I see you want to retort by posting a reply, do you? PSHAW!!! You can’t post a reply to me because you’re speechless, and you’re too AFRAID. Besides, no one wants to hear your stupidness anyway. Do you know who I am? I have 9 black belts, 15 Masters degrees and a PhD in Applied Arithmetic. That’s right, you know I’m way better than you, and all my fans and supporters will gladly tell you how great and awesome I am! Have you seen my power level? It’s over 9000! You know what that means? It means I have more than 9000 units of POWER. It also puts my total adjusted force rating at 22000! That’s more than triple, so you don’t want to make me mad because anger is my middle name, and I give love a bad name, which only makes me angrier. Remember: He who laughs last, laughs last. So, go ahead, I dare you to write a reply to my comment. I DOUBLE dare you to write a reply to my comment. But I know you won’t reply to my comment because you’re all too AFRAID.
- Das wir crepès besiegen?
- How about stop being selfish. When you feed and maintain every cow on Earth and have the power to enforce it. I MIGHT stop eating beef. But don’t bank on it.
- no i’ve heard from many women, they love feeling sexy. feeling sexy may also attract men but its most def. for feeling sexy.
- Insects are still meat
Diese Wörter wurden laut der Online-Duden-Webseite so ungefähr Mitte März 2020 „häufig nachgeschlagen“. Natürlich (und hier für die Nachwelt): Das sind die Wörter bzw. Produkte, ohne die es die Welt zu jener Märzenzeit nicht durch die Corona-Krise geschafft hätte. Bei Google-Trends erstaunt eine solche Suche also nicht unbedingt (man muss ja googeln, ob’s im Supermarkt um die Ecke noch „Reis“ gibt und wieviel 500 Gramm „Pasta“ jetzt kosten). Bei einem Wörterbuch ist die Schlagwortsuche doch kurios. Meine erste Annahme war, dass der Online-Duden einfach schummelt und sich die Wörter bei Google Trends o.ä. besorgt hat – das hat aber nur sehr bedingt mit den Google Trends jener Zeit übereingestimmt („Klopapier“ wurde tatsächlich wie verrück gegoogelt, aber z.B. für „Pasta“ habe ich keine entsprechende Google-Statistik gefunden). Jedenfalls liegt die Vermutung nahe, dass die „häufig nachgeschlagenen Wörter“ mehr oder weniger stark kuratiert sind. Das ist ja auch sinnvoll, sonst würden dort konsequent Dinge wie „wi
(e)dersprechen“ und „R(h)yt(h)mus“ die Charts anführen. Ich hab mal beim Duden nachgefragt:
Die Antwort steht noch aus. Es bleibt spannend: Klopapier. Pasta. Pesto. Reis.
This is a „failed project“ entry, up to this point anyway. I wanted to pick up a new hobby here, which would consist in researching, identifying and collecting people on album covers that are not the musicians themselves. Now, I knew that this in some cases would be easy: Some covers use famous models which are known, like Jerry Hall on the cover of Roxy Music’s Siren.
Other cases are more obscure, but some covers and bands are so famous that every detail about them is already researched, as is the case for Paul Cole, an American tourist who happened to be there on the right in the background when the Beatles took the Abbey Road cover. By his own account, he didn’t even know who the Beatles were at the time.
So I started sorting through my record collection and the first interesting fact is simple but telling: For about the first decade of commercial vinyl-Lps, there were basically no models on album covers other than the musicians. Covers were either impersonal artworks or featured the musician(s). Now, this is from a small sample and probably genre-skewed – I own mostly blues and jazz records from that period, only some commercial pop and classical, so I don’t know exactly how the chips fall there. But the first album in my collection to properly sport a human being that isn’t playing on said record turned out to be Lonely Woman (1962) by the Modern Jazz Quartet.
Now, how do you go about identifying that woman? The photographer is credited: Richard Heimann. Not a lot of information about him, but he seemed to be a glamorous guy in a glamorous world marrying and photographing glamorous models. The little information available really gives off this kind of Frank-Sinatra-movie-character.
If Richard Heimann took that picture, who is the model? I don’t know and I didn’t find out. There was a possible clue: He was married to Carmen Dell’Orefice from 1958–1960, the „oldest working supermodel“ in the business, as I learned. Actually, most of the information you find about Heimann stems from this marriage or interviews with Dell’Orefice, because she became super-famous, he didn’t. So this was at least a clue, and I looked at some of Dell’Orefices portraits before 1962. Here’s one from 1956:
Same style, but that’s just the general model look from that period. But it isn’t quite the same woman, is it? I tried to contact Dell’Orefice’s agency to confirm or at least deny that it is her on the album cover, but I couldn’t even get a proper contact address. At this point, the „research“ turned into random rummaging. Dell’Orefice was friends with another famous model from the time, a certain Suzy Parker. Now, Parker looks more like the woman on the cover, I think.
But it’s still just a basic guess – hair style and make up lead to a pretty homogenic look of the period. And I couldn’t find a picture of Parker that really convinces me – the one I picked here is the closest one, and it hardly fits the purpose of comparison. And, looking at coloured photos, she seemed to have reddish instead of dark hair most of the time.
Anyway, Suzy Parker was the sister of an even more famous model of the period, „the original supermodel“ Dorian Leigh (Parker). Let’s put some portraits next to the cover in question:
Well, it’s anyone’s guess. I’m a bit amazed at the homogenic style which probably goes for any period, but I have no idea who the model on the album cover is. The exercise stops here, at least until I am in a mood to try to find out if there is something like a Richard-Heimann–archive, which I didn’t find through official channels. And this is probably also the start and finish of the whole project. Who could’ve known. Another story of shame and misery.
And, well, feel free to contact me if you know anything about this.
- Unser Land baut auf Solidarität auf, egal mit wem.
- This was my youth, lost several good women because of the fact I couldn’t say no to any women who came on to me. Now all the good ones are gone, and I got what I deserved. Still had a Hell of a time.
- You can get goth gay’s,so i don’t get how t he rainbow map is a gay rights parade….
- riddle me this what would the people of lord of the rings do to chris brown :>
- Nein, liebe Internetskeptiker, das ist kein Fake sondern hart und lange antrainierte Kunst! Aber das kennt ihr nicht.
- Let’s look at this in the eyes of the wizarding world. Voldemort goes into a house, kills a family, Voldemort disappears, and the baby is still alive. What conclusion can you draw other than the baby somehow managed to defeat him.
- first, homosexuality become natural , now incest is okay too!!!!, next polgamy will be legal, imagine the awful future scenario that might happen after all this , a man get married to his mother and his brother(being a polygamys incestious gay is perfectly natural) and than after that he gets married to his daughter whom his mother gave birth to (after she reachs the age of 18 of course) and have a big happy disgusting sick family, I’d prefer talabin taking over more than that to happen